From Daniel Ruggeri <DRugg...@primary.net>
Subject Re: Any designers in the house?
Date Sat, 21 Jul 2012 13:33:17 GMT
On 7/17/2012 6:48 AM, Nick Burch wrote:
> I think with, using a similar thing for ACNA in mind, we might be best
> off using 9+11.
>
> Don't suppose you'd be able to knock up a quick ACNA version? People
> could then use that as part of the poster/sign/thingy for the OSCON
> booth :) And it'd let us double check how things look.
>
> Is everyone else happy with Daniel's lovely designs? Anyone spot a
> reason why we shouldn't update the images at
> http://www.apache.org/events/ with these, and ask PMCs to put the new
> versions up?
>
> Cheers
> Nick

All;
   I've worked up final copies of the eight different logos here. Sorry
I dropped the ball and didn't finish in time for OSCON (this week's been
crazy).

http://people.apache.org/~druggeri/AC2012/

   I must admit, I don't have much skill with vector graphics and failed
miserably at Inkscape. Looking into it, the trace utility only tends to
work on black and white images. I did find an online service
(http://vectormagic.com/) that can do this conversion. I tested it out
and the results were fantastic, but it does come at a modest cost (about
23 USD) for a minimum 3 month subscription. If we feel strongly about
having vector graphics, I will sign up at my own cost and generate all
eight in SVG format.

--
Daniel Ruggeri