From jean-frederic clere <jfcl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ACEU website live! Announcements due soon...
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2012 12:30:23 GMT
On 07/17/2012 01:35 PM, Nick Burch wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Jul 2012, jean-frederic clere wrote:
>>> Do you really intend to close the CFP on August 3rd already? It seems
>>> a rather short period of time to be honest.
>>
>> Additionally it is holiday time. Usually the CFP gets extended
>> probably we shouldn't worry too much. Probably till a a few days
>> before 19th August, no?
>
> We are a bit constrained by needing to get a program out and announced
> with enough time for non-speaker people to decide if they want to come
> or not. (Ideally we would have had a longer CFP, but getting the CFP
> open took longer than planned, and we can't really compress the post-CFP
> stuff much as the conference date isn't moving....)

I am not changing the result time just suggesting we could shorten the
selection time to allow more input.

> Would extending the CFP deadline make that much of a difference? We
> could push it a tiny bit if needed, but not by much, and we'd need to
> decide that ASAP before we send out too many more announcements.

We need to see if we have enough till the 3th of August if not we can
expend it, no? Same if people complain about the short time given.

> I would
> have thought that most people who might speak will decide fairly
> quickly, and a longer CFP just means they put of submitting for a long
> time (and maybe miss it...) Is that not the case?

Yep, I think people mostly decide early and then forget about it and ask
for more time :D. So they can't forget it.

Cheers

Jean-Frederic