From Daniel Ruggeri <DRugg...@primary.net>
Subject Re: Any designers in the house?
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 23:39:04 GMT
On 7/15/2012 1:45 PM, Nick Burch wrote:
> I like both of these two, thanks Daniel!
>
> One possible deciding factor might be the "square" alternate version
> of the logo, which gets used on a number of project sites:
> http://www.apache.org/events/current-event-125x125.png
>
> My hunch is that perhaps #7 will work better when re-stacked to be
> square. Daniel - any chance you could try knocking up a square version
> and see if it still looks ok? (We'll normally want to use the
> rectangular version, but there are a few places, such as on project
> sites and perhaps some signs, where we need a square version too)
>
> Thanks
> Nick

Since the only appreciable difference between the two you mentioned is
the placement of "2012", it was easy to redo both in a square format:
http://people.apache.org/~druggeri/AC2012/#7
http://people.apache.org/~druggeri/AC2012/#10

Again, this one has the benefit of being able to fit "North America"
should the logo be reused:
http://people.apache.org/~druggeri/AC2012/#9
http://people.apache.org/~druggeri/AC2012/#11

I appreciate the feedback and can definitely try to work up ideas other
folks have, too. Cheers!

--
Daniel Ruggeri