From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: Any designers in the house?
Date Sun, 15 Jul 2012 18:45:51 GMT
On 14/07/12 04:40, Daniel Ruggeri wrote:
> 2012 removed from the bottom with text centered. Stretching the text as
> wide as the 'bar' did not look natural and adding spaces seemed weird,
> too. Adjusting the top half of the image seemed to make it too crowded.
> http://people.apache.org/~druggeri/AC2012/#7
>
> 2012 moved to the bottom text. This has the benefit of also being able
> to fit "North America" should the same logo be reused.
> http://people.apache.org/~druggeri/AC2012/#9

I like both of these two, thanks Daniel!

One possible deciding factor might be the "square" alternate version of
the logo, which gets used on a number of project sites:
http://www.apache.org/events/current-event-125x125.png

My hunch is that perhaps #7 will work better when re-stacked to be
square. Daniel - any chance you could try knocking up a square version
and see if it still looks ok? (We'll normally want to use the
rectangular version, but there are a few places, such as on project
sites and perhaps some signs, where we need a square version too)

Thanks
Nick