From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Any designers in the house?
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2012 01:58:06 GMT

On 7/9/2012 6:02 PM, Nick Burch wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Jul 2012, Daniel Ruggeri wrote:
>> I'm happy to give it a go this weekend if no one gets to it before
>> then.

We have a graphics person in the house!  Yay!  Any help definitely
appreciated.

> Great!
>
>> Do we have a high resolution transparent background image of the
>> feather logo handy?
>
> We have scalable/vector versions, is that what you're after?
>   * http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/
>
> (We'll ideally want the logo in a scalable format too, so it can be used
> for printing, but we could always reverse engineer that later if needed)
>
>> I'm also assuming that fonts used must be in the public domain, correct?
>
> There are a few bits on fonts on the legal resolved page
> <http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html> - I'd suggest if possible we
> follow those rules

I'm not sure about the legal issues, but the fundamental branding point
is that the ASF has rights to use the resulting image as a trademark for
our events.  We'd be happy to give the original designer a shout out
credit for the creation, but we need the clear right to use the logo as
our trademark.  Not sure how font licensing fits in, but I'd bet that
most fonts would be fine, unless they have specific restrictions on
their license.

> Cheers
> Nick

- Shane