From "Jacques Le Roux" <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: Apachecon EU 2012 - Which Track for a middleware as Apache Etch?
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 13:15:22 GMT
From: "Francesco Chicchiriccò" <ilgrosso@apache.org>
> On 23/07/2012 12:43, Mark Struberg wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Don't think that ApachEE fits good for Etch. ApachEE is focusing purely on our Java
EE core technologies stack.
>> Same for Syncope, though it's much closer. Would be nice to explain the overlaps/difference
between Syncope and Shiro btw ;)

> Uh, quite easy, indeed: Shiro is an Access Manager [1] while Syncope is
> an Identity Manager [2]
> Access Management is more about authentication, Single SignOn,
> Federation, ...
> Identity Management is more about user provisioning, password
> management, ...
>
> These two areas can be easily confused because in almost every
> application domain they are tightly connected; think, for example, that
> Syncope roadmap [3] contains an integration path with Shiro.
>
>> Maybe we could have a 2nd track which supplements the ApachEE core track and showcases
the different "Enterprise Integration"
>> scenarios.
>
> This sounds reasonable to me and in the direction of the aborted
> "Integration & Service APIs" track [4].
>
> Regards.

Thanks for this answer,

Pretty useful, we (at least I) hope to use both of them in OFBiz... one day...
BTW how Syncope relates to NIST http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/SNS/rbac/ ?

Jacques

>> Maybe that would also fit to Camel and it's parts?
>>
>> In general: we have quite a few projects which sound like the same on the first glance,
but are heavily different at the end:
>> Syncope/Shiro
>> Jackrabbit/Sling
>> Accumulo/Cassandra

>> Would be interesting to better explain the differences? Not sure if this is an easy
to cover conference topic though, but I got