From Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon NA 2013 - Save the Dates
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2012 00:07:28 GMT
On Jul 10, 2012, at 6:58 AM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:

> So, a good number of us are present at OSCon.
>
> Steve, what is your availability in the late afternoon?  It would be good to
> have a sit down and start collecting data and questions to put to the wiki,
> and perhaps hand out some early assignments to the ASF to get things moving
> in the right direction.  It would be especially useful to have a planning
> calendar so that everyone is aware of when decisions need to be made and
> when messaging needs to be broadcast.

William:

Thanks for your note. I live in Portland, so it should not be difficult to meet up with me
during OSCON. I am keen to put faces to names and meet as many of the Apache community as
I can - especially ones who are looking to help out at the European conference!

I'm not sure to which date your "late afternoon" inquiry above refers.

If we can manage it I would like to maybe host a meal during OSCON, though there are enough
attractions that it's difficult to find a time that doesn;t conflict with *something*.

I'm working on the time line now, and we are looking to have the initial web site up next
week.

> On 6/28/2012 9:15 AM, Steve Holden wrote:
>> Thanks, Ross. We'll try to be a good producer and provide an appropriate level of
direction!

>> regards
>> Steve
>>
>> On Jun 28, 2012, at 11:52 AM, Ross Gardler wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Steve,
>>>
>>> I look forward to working with you. We are sometimes an inefficient
>>> bunch of volunteers but with the right level of direction from a good
>>> producer we'll do a good job. I'm certainly here to help when I can.
>>>
>>> Ross

yet (I believe the ASF will be doing so shortly, including the dates). So, to give everyone
as much notice as possible, ApacheCon NA will be held in February and March next year.

on Sunday and Monday February 24/25. The conference main days will be Tuesday through Thursday,
26-28 February, and finally two days of sprinting activity on 1-2 March (Friday and Saturday.
Attendance at the sprint does not require attendance at the main conference, though we will
want to register people to ensure we cater and have space for the right number.