From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Tracks for ApacheCon Europe
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2012 17:55:41 GMT
Hi All

Over the last few weeks, we've had some great ideas for tracks come in
from different people and projects. All of these are spread over a couple
of email threads though, so they need a bit of work to collate.

Could I please ask that people/projects who have come up with these ideas
please submit them to a central form, to capture the details?
           <http://s.apache.org/ACEUTracks>

I've sent a similar request out to all the projects, asking them to put
together proposals too, so it's worth having a quick chat with the rest of
your project to get everyone invovled!

Ideally we'd like to get the main CFP open shortly, and we all know from
the various emails asking that everyone is keen to get their talk
submissions in :) So, we just need to get the track details nailed down,
then we can open up the CFP. With that in mind, if people could encourage
their projects to get the submission in within the next week, that'd be
great!

If you'd like to help shape the track process, please keep an eye on the
submissions spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgZqERZgbUeSdF9xcFdpNkp2UWNLUThxX3NYc1pZWnc
If you think that there are any proposals that could be combined together
to make a better track (eg Apache FooBar and Apache FooBuzz could combine
to give a great track on the whole Foo topic), reply to this thread with
your ideas. If, later this week, you think there might be a gap (eg one of
the big project areas hasn't submitted anything), also point that out so
we can go and prod people into action :)

Otherwise, we can hopefully open the cfp very soon, so we'll need
volunteers to help with reviewing sessions then, so plenty more ways for
everyone to get involved soon!

Cheers
Nick