From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: Travel assistance for EU 2012
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 00:00:01 GMT
On Thu, 7 Jun 2012, Maxim Solodovnik wrote:
> I'm committer to Podling Apache OpenMeetings and based in Novosibirsk,
> Russia. I believe I can answer almost any question regarding
> Openmeetings project and will be glad to do so at ApacheCon EU :) The
> only problem is: Novosibirsk is a little bit far from Sinsheim, Germany
> :(
>
> I have heard of "Apache Travel Assistance" program. Is it still working?
> http://www.apache.org/travel/ seems to be outdated :(

The Apache Travel Assistance Committee (commonly abreviated to TAC) is
currently indending to support people to attend both ApacheCon Europe in
November, and ApacheCon North America in February(ish...). I've updated
the website to let people know this. When applications open, an email will
be sent out to all committers. That'll hopefully be in a few weeks time.

(In the mean time, the committee needs to finish migrating the
applications webapp to a new machine, which has mostly been blocked on me.
Yes, I know, my bad, sorry all... :( Few other admin tasks are needed
first too. If any ASF members fancy getting involved in helping to support
TAC, new blood is always welcome!)

Nick