From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Doc looks strange
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 13:49:17 GMT
On 21 June 2012 14:34, Donald Harbison <dpharbison@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 7:54 AM, Ross Gardler <rgardler@opendirective.com>wrote:
>
>> On 21 June 2012 12:20, Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Please look at this:
>> >
>> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgZqERZgbUeSdF9xcFdpNkp2UWNLUThxX3NYc1pZWnc#gid=0
>> >
>> > line 4 tells me the track is named "openoffice" and the projects
>> > covered are Tika, POI etc
>>
>> Track title is poor, the description says ""If we consider a theme
>> such as  'Social Document & Content Technologies'', additional session
>> content may be scheduled from complementary Apache projects."
>>

> I beg to differ. Track Title = OpenOffice... formatting is poor since it
> was pushed to the bottom of the cell.

The original observation was "line 4 tells me the track is named
"openoffice" and the projects covered are Tika, POI etc" and
questioned whether there was an error in the formatting. The point I
was trying to make is that if one person thought "why does an
OpenOffice track have stuff on non-open office projects?" many others
will. Therefore I conclude that "OpenOffice" as a track title is poor
if the intention is to "consider a theme such as 'Social Document &
Content Technolgies'"

Of course, if the intent is to focus *only* on OpenOffice then it's a
perfectly good track title and it;s the Projects Covered column that
has bad data in it.

It says 2 days in a 100 capacity room . Perhaps what you want is
something like one day of OpenOffice and one day of "Social Document &
Content Technologies"?

Ross

Ross