From Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Things we need to do for ApacheCon EU
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 11:12:07 GMT
On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 8:05 AM, Nick Burch <nick.burch@alfresco.com> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I did send an email a few weeks ago about the next steps, but as a few
> people have contacted me privately to ask about what needs doing, I fear it
> may have got lost in the noise... Plus it didn't have everything, so here
> goes again!
>
> There are currently several things that anyone can (and needs to be!)
> helping with, and a few bits largely specific to those near the venue.
>
> On the everyone front, we need to decide exactly what kind of conference we
> want to fill this lovely SAP sponsored space with. Do we want big tracks
> (200/300 people), or small ones (5*100), or some days with one setup and
> some days others? What sort of tracks do we want to put on? Do we want to do
> a day or two for certain popular project areas, or do we want to do one
> track for the whole time for a popular area, with smaller ones around it?
> What things (if any) do we want to put on in the evening? What things might
> we want to try in Portland next year, which we should be attempting to
> test/pilot in Europe?

I think the idea of encore presentations would be worth exploring.
Essentially, add some empty timeslots (or one complete track) for the
last day of the conference. On the CFP, ask speakers to indicate if
they'd be available for an encore on the last day.  Then, figure out a
way during the conference to judge encore interests - maybe via
twitter?

Thanks,
--tim