From Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com>
Subject Re: Doc looks strange
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 12:03:33 GMT
On Jun 21, 2012, at 12:54 PM, Ross Gardler wrote:

> On 21 June 2012 12:20, Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Please look at this:
>> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgZqERZgbUeSdF9xcFdpNkp2UWNLUThxX3NYc1pZWnc#gid=0
>>
>> line 4 tells me the track is named "openoffice" and the projects
>> covered are Tika, POI etc
>
> Track title is poor, the description says ""If we consider a theme
> such as  'Social Document & Content Technologies'', additional session
> content may be scheduled from complementary Apache projects."
>
>> Probably a problem with the form?
>
> I don't think so, I think it's just a poor track title as a result of
> the OpenOffice community wanting to be more ASF inclusive. At least
> that is my interpretation.

That inclusiveness is great. It made me wonder, for example, whether there's anyone who could
talk about interacting with Open Office using Python, either at the XML level or using the
embedded Python automation interface.

Looking at the track description there would surely be wide interest int hese topics?

regards
 Steve
Next:       Open Django Central Jun 8-9:  http://opendjango.com/central/