From Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com>
Subject Re: Freerun: Space for tools
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 16:08:34 GMT
Or, if we are talking about technologies that many Apache projects will find of interest, "Eating
Our Own Dog Food"? As an outsider one of the fascinating things about the Apache community
is how much you can get done with "internal" (i.e. ASF-supported) technologies alone. It would
seem logical to encourage projects to use each others' (useful) technologies.

In our ApacheCon proposal to the ASF we suggested that this should be celebrated: I can't
think of another open source community as mature (read "middle aged" ;-) and diverse as that
surrounding the ASF, and I think that ApacheCons can (among other things) be a live demonstration
of "The Apache Way" or whatever it should really more properly be called.

regards
 Steve

Next:       Open Django Central Jun 8-9:  http://opendjango.com/central/