From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: [STATUS] ApacheCon Europe 2012 CFP?
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 21:55:43 GMT
On Wed, 30 May 2012, dsh wrote:
> after talking to Mohammad Nour El-Din on gtalk concerning ApacheCon
> Europe I thought I write a quick note to this list to figure out how
> the preparations for the CFP are progressing?

It's not open yet, but hopefully it's a few weeks away. See this list's
archives for details!

> The reason for my question is, that I am working at the German IBM R&D
> lab and I'd be happy to volunteer on distributing the CFP internally at
> our lab so we eventually would have some IBM speakers for ApacheCon
> Europe 2012.

Great, thanks.

> Before looking into redistributing the CFP internally I'd like to get a
> better feeling whether you plan to organize the event around particular
> tracks/themes. I could imagine that would help to search for particular
> speakers having a particular expertise in a certain domain.

Everyone is currently discussing the best makeup of tracks and themes
here, so please join in with your ideas on what would be good.

The producer for ApacheCon North America, OpenBastion, have had very
positive experiences with a particular conference management system (I
forget the name, hopefully Steve can let us know!). That has a CFP system
built in, so we may well end up opting to use that for Europe too. Once we
have picked the track structures, we can feed those into whatever the
chosen CFP system is, then open the CFP!

Nick