From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: Things we need to do for ApacheCon EU
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 17:46:07 GMT
On Wed, 30 May 2012, Fabian Christ wrote:
> How is the Apache incubator normally represented at those confs?

It's not normally its own area. Instead, Incubating projects tend to talk
in the tracks for the areas they're in (eg a hadoop related incubating
project would talk in a hadoop/big data track). Additionally, incubating
projects have tended to feature heavily in things like the BarCamp and the
Fast Feather Track

> I am a member of Apache Stanbol (incubating) and there are quite a
> number of other young projects at Apache around the topic of semantic
> web and natural language processing technologies. I am thinking of
> OpenNLP, Jena, Clerezza. Maybe this would be an interesting track, too.

I think we'd welcome a pitch from a cluster of projects for a semantic web
/ nlp track!

Nick