From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon's EU 2012 and NA 2013 - save the dates and get involved!
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 21:45:52 GMT
On Fri, 4 May 2012, Mohammad Nour El-Din wrote:
> Is there any hints or TODO(s) list to start with ?

For Europe specifically, I believe there are a few things that the venue
will need a decision on fairly soon. Hopefully Paul can remind me of them
:) We'll need to have a discussion and reach a conclusion on those.

Otherwise, I outlined the TODOs in my "Progress so far" email:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-apachecon-discuss/201205.mbox/%3Calpine.DEB.2.00.1205041242010.15639%40urchin.earth.li%3E

To quote from there on Europe:
> We need to decide exactly what kind of conference we want to fill this
> lovely space with. Do we want big tracks (200/300 people), or small ones
> (5*100), or some days with one setup and some days others? What sort of
> tracks do we want to put on? Do we want to do a day or two for certain
> popular project areas, or do we want to do one track for the whole time
> for a popular area, with smaller ones around it? What things (if any) do
> we want to put on in the evening?

And for ACNA:
> The Open Bastion team are putting together a final list of dates and
> venues, which they'll bring here for feedback hopefully next week.

In the mean time, I'd suggest people who are mostly interested in the
North American conference to start thinking about new ideas and
structures, and suggest them for Europe. Yes, I did mean Europe. With any
luck, we can beta test some of your ideas for ACNA in November, and then
feedback on which worked and which didn't before the American event!
Otherwise, Steve (the producer) and his team should be in touch soon to
get help and advice on things soon. His current focus is finalising the
venue and the contract, then he can explain the areas he's hoping for
volunteers to help with and influcence!

Nick