From Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com>
Subject Re: [STATUS] ApacheCon Europe 2012 CFP?
Date Thu, 31 May 2012 05:45:49 GMT
On May 30, 2012, at 5:55 PM, Nick Burch wrote:

> The producer for ApacheCon North America, OpenBastion, have had very positive experiences
with a particular conference management system (I forget the name, hopefully Steve can let
us know!). That has a CFP system built in, so we may well end up opting to use that for Europe
too. Once we have picked the track structures, we can feed those into whatever the chosen
CFP system is, then open the CFP!

Nick:

Sorry, only in review did I notice you were asking for information.

The system to which you refer is called Symposion, an open source project of a company called
Eldarion. We'll be engaging Eldarion to provision the site. And the Europe one. The European
thing took us a bit by surprise, but we are delighted that you would like us to be somehow
involved. I am sure it will teach us a lot.

I'll have a bit more to say about track structures shortly, but the discussions I have seen
so far have been very interesting.

regards
 Steve
Next:       Open Django Central Jun 8-9:  http://opendjango.com/central/