From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Things we need to do for ApacheCon EU
Date Thu, 31 May 2012 08:42:33 GMT
On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 10:06 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
> And it would be good to clearly differentiate with
> http://jax.de/wjax2012/speaker/
>
> Their tagline is "a conference for Java, Architecture, Agile and
> Cloud" - maybe those of us who are familiar with that conference can
> help steer ours so that it's clearly different instead of competing on
> the same topics (or maybe at least competing on the same topics on the
> same days, see http://jax.de/wjax2012/specialdays/ ).

As far as I can see they concentrate on JEE with some flavors of
JavaFX, Spring and a little Agile/Architects Buzz. Some topics touch
core Java.

I can see only less specific on some products. A little Hadoop, but
not really extensive.

I cannot imagine we compete too much with their current agenda as long
as we center around our products.

Cheers

--
http://www.grobmeier.de