From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Possible Dates for ApacheCon North America
Date Thu, 10 May 2012 12:17:50 GMT
Feb 14th is Valentines day in some parts of the world. I'm sure I'm
not the only one who tries not to travel at that time.

Ross

On 10 May 2012 10:23, Steve Holden <steve@holdenweb.com> wrote:
> Nick:
>
> Here are some options for dates and room rates from the same venue as we were originally
proposing. On your advice we aren't looking at other cities. I thought I'd post these to the
list to allow immediate discussion.

> January 28, 29, 30 – M, T, W program $109
> February 4,5,6 – M, T, W program $119
> February 11, 12, 13 – M, T, W program $124
> February 12, 13, 14 – T, W, Th program $121
> February 18, 19, 20 – M, T, W program $127 (but the Monday is Presidents' Day)
> February 26, 27, 28 – T, W, Th program, $127
>
> At present another group has options on the week of February 26, which would be our favored
dates. It's their second choice, however, so we feel it will be released fairly soon.

> Let me know what your thoughts are.
>
> Work on the contract is moving ahead, but we haven't yet finalized the list of services
we will contract to provide. This is a draft, of course, and subject to negotiation. I'll
try to have it with you early next week.

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)