From Christine Koppelt <ch.ko...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Things we need to do for ApacheCon EU
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 20:39:37 GMT
Hi

As the ASF is an organization where people work in independent
distributed groups I like the idea of having this reflected in the
conference. What about distributing the conference program planning?
My Idea is: groups of at least three committers can come up with a
program proposal for one room for one day. Such proposals could be for
example: a day full of invited talks about semantic web and natural
language processing, an Open Space about the future of the ASF, a
BarCamp about OpenOffice and so on. If there are more proposals than
free slots there should be a public, transparent process for
selection.
There needs to be a small group of organizers who care about
infrastructure (presentation materials, food, maybe keynotes, etc.)
and communication (eg. coordinating the website and a CFP), but the
program is the sole responsibility of the selected groups.
A lot of organizers will also mean high demands on communication,
coordination and preparation, but I think it's manageable.

Kind Regards

Christine