From Troy Howard <thowar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Possible Dates for ApacheCon North America
Date Thu, 10 May 2012 23:11:21 GMT
Regarding Presidents Day: It may be a good thing that it's Presidents
day, since it's a public holiday that no one cares about or will have
plans for, but might get a paid day off anyway. That means, for those
people out there who would have to take days off from work to attend,
one of the days might be already taken care of by the holiday.

Also, for those travelling, I find it easiest to have multi-day
conferences be adjacent to a weekend (either start on Monday or end on
Friday). This greatly eases travel problems if you've got an entire
weekend to prepare for travel or to de-stress after returning.

I'd go with Feb 18-20 or 26-28... (but I'd nudge it to 25-27 instead
to grab the Monday start).

I haven't done an introduction email, but I'm here in Portland, an
Apache committer (and outspoken ASF advocate) and have been involved
in organizing some sizeable conferences in town in the past. I'd be
more than happy to assist in whatever way possible (in fact, turns out
I was just chatting yesterday about similar topics with Skip from SAO
who mentioned that he's been helping Steve to make this happen. Small
world).

Let me know what I can do to help!

Thanks,
Troy