From Troy Howard <thowar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Possible Dates for ApacheCon North America
Date Thu, 10 May 2012 23:15:03 GMT
Hmm.. Considering the 2 day padding around the main conference,
perhaps Mon/Tue unconf, Wed/Thu/Fri conf, Sat/Sun sprints? Sprints
could be partially decentralized (and still be successful) if people
had to leave town on say Saturday or Sunday to make it back in time
for a Monday work day.

Thanks,
Troy

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Steve Holden <steve@holdenweb.com> wrote:

>>> Just a personal preference, but i cant make if its 4/5/6 or 18/19/20
>>>
>>> I dont think presidents day is a big deal. Its not the big thing that, say,
>>> queens day is.
>>>

>> I would avoid President's day since it is, indeed, a public holiday.
>> This may discourage some from participating if they are attending the
>> conference as part of/on behalf of work. I do agree that it is not a big
>> deal, but if we have other options, let's avoid this date.
>

> Perhaps I should also raise the question of which days the event would best be organized
on. My informal model has been of a three-day conference preceded by a two-day unconference
(of much smaller size) primarily for Foundation leadership and committers and followed by
a two-day sprint.

> So, if we chose the last option listed the unconference would be on the Sunday and Monday
and the sprints would be Friday and Saturday. If something else is more appropriate then please
let me know.