From jean-frederic clere <jfcl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Things we need to do for ApacheCon EU
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 15:34:59 GMT
On 05/30/2012 05:18 PM, Marcel Offermans wrote:
> On May 30, 2012, at 16:56 , Steve Holden wrote:
>> On May 30, 2012, at 10:50 AM, Marcel Offermans wrote:
>>> For the talks, I would even propose to consider doing 30 minute instead of 50-60
minute talks. If structured well, a 30 minute talk can deliver a lot of information already.
Downside might be that we need more budget this way (because we end up with more speakers)
so that might not be practical!?

>> This implies that there is a significant cost to adding speakers. I'd be interested
to know what you would expect these costs to be …

> I am assuming that speakers get free access to the conference, which is what has been
the case so far.

Yep. More talks means also more work to build the sessions in the tracks
and take that all speakers are getting ready. Of course I want to see 5
tracks ;-)

Cheers

Jean-Frederic