From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Things we need to do for ApacheCon EU
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 12:05:39 GMT
Hi All

I did send an email a few weeks ago about the next steps, but as a few
people have contacted me privately to ask about what needs doing, I fear
it may have got lost in the noise... Plus it didn't have everything, so
here goes again!

There are currently several things that anyone can (and needs to be!)
helping with, and a few bits largely specific to those near the venue.

On the everyone front, we need to decide exactly what kind of conference
we want to fill this lovely SAP sponsored space with. Do we want big
tracks (200/300 people), or small ones (5*100), or some days with one
setup and some days others? What sort of tracks do we want to put on? Do
we want to do a day or two for certain popular project areas, or do we
want to do one track for the whole time for a popular area, with smaller
ones around it? What things (if any) do we want to put on in the
evening? What things might we want to try in Portland next year, which
we should be attempting to test/pilot in Europe?

(Once we have answers for these, then we'll have the structure around
which to run the CFP)

For those in Germany, we need to start putting together some resources
for attendees, especially around accommodation. I know there isn't much
near the venue, but it'd be good to get / find a list of what that is.
We also want to provide information on what bigger towns/cities nearby
people could be looking at for staying it, and how long (+ how late!)
they'd be looking at for public transport. We may also want to look at
hiring something nearby that's cheap for people to stay in (especially
TAC funded attendees, committers who are paying for themselves etc).
It'd be good to know what options there might be (hostels, church halls
etc). For now, I'd suggest we start capturing this sort of information
on the wiki[1], and we can worry about if that's the best place or not
later!

Cheers
Nick

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/