From Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com>
Subject Re: Possible Dates for ApacheCon North America
Date Thu, 10 May 2012 23:04:51 GMT
On May 10, 2012, at 3:56 PM, Daniel Ruggeri wrote:

> On 5/10/2012 7:10 AM, Rich Bowen wrote:
>>> January 28, 29, 30 – M, T, W program $109
>>> February 4,5,6 – M, T, W program $119
>>> February 11, 12, 13 – M, T, W program $124
>>> February 12, 13, 14 – T, W, Th program $121
>>> February 18, 19, 20 – M, T, W program $127 (but the Monday is Presidents'Day)
>>> February 26, 27, 28 – T, W, Th program, $127
>>>
>> Just a personal preference, but i cant make if its 4/5/6 or 18/19/20
>>
>> I dont think presidents day is a big deal. Its not the big thing that, say,
>> queens day is.
>>

> I would avoid President's day since it is, indeed, a public holiday.
> This may discourage some from participating if they are attending the
> conference as part of/on behalf of work. I do agree that it is not a big
> deal, but if we have other options, let's avoid this date.

Perhaps I should also raise the question of which days the event would best be organized on.
My informal model has been of a three-day conference preceded by a two-day unconference (of
much smaller size) primarily for Foundation leadership and committers and followed by a two-day
sprint.

So, if we chose the last option listed the unconference would be on the Sunday and Monday
and the sprints would be Friday and Saturday. If something else is more appropriate then please
let me know.

regards
 Steve
Next:       Open Django Central Jun 8-9:  http://opendjango.com/central/