From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: [UK-RITES] - For all beloved friends living or are in UK atm, are you all OK ?
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 11:47:22 GMT
Don't believe the headlines. This is a few very small incidents (and
one major fire) being blown out of all proportion by the media (I'll
not bore you with my conspiracy theories about this).

Last night I watched our (normally balanced) BBC news show a video of
7-8 riot police running down a street towards 20 unarmed teenagers.
The voice over said something like "and the police have just charged a
gang of youths". Seriously, if that's the best evidence they can come
up with of the "riots" I'm not at all worried.

I was around during the race "riots" of the mid-80's, they were
thousands of people across square miles in multiple cities. Today we
have tens of people in a single streets. Even the '80s events were not
as worrying as the media is portraying these events today.

In summary - for a very few people who are caught in a place where
such a gang are present it must be scary. But these are not "riots",
they are mere disturbances (at least that is the case so far).

On 10 August 2011 10:59, Mohammad Nour El-Din <nour.mohammad@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi...
>    I am sorry for what is happening now in UK, are you all OK ?
> --
> Thanks
> - Mohammad Nour
>   Author of (WebSphere Application Server Community Edition 2.0 User Guide)
>   http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg247585.html
> ----
> - Albert Einstein
> than your best."