From Nóirín Plunkett <noi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How public is public?
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 17:37:10 GMT
On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 6:53 PM, Mohammad Nour El-Din
<nour.mohammad@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thats what I mean William :D, that is after the project group make a
> vote on their dev@, the PMC or PPMC and or Mentors in case of a
> podling is *encouraged* to share this on concom@ as a wider public
> channel.
>
> By *encouraged*, IDK whether it is better to make as *SHOULD* or a
> *MUST*, I mean do we want to *manage* and/or *control*/*organize* such
> event in a centralized way through ConCom or only it is preferable to
> make it go through ConCom. Thoughts ?

Currently, the events policy says that folk MUST let ConCom know about
their events if they want to use ASF trademarks. I'd suggest that this
includes any PMC organised events too.

That doesn't mean we have to be involved in the organisation of those
events, in any way :-) But we do need to know about them.

Noirin