From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: How public is public?
Date Mon, 23 May 2011 13:13:28 GMT
On Sat, 21 May 2011, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
> I was wondering about pushing out some publicity about these new more
> public lists but AFACT they aren't archived at mail-archives.apache.org
> [1] or really covered on the dev subsite [2]. I'm also a little fuzzy
> about which were created and what their intended role and audience is
> for each.

I'd like to get a bit more detail up about this list, and the other concom
ones, before we publicise it too widely. Ideally we can then to do a
publicity push to get the information on all our lists out to everyone who
may be interested.

In the mean time, would anyone be able to look into the mail-archive issue

> I would also like to take the opportunity of a Berlin Buzzwords thread
> over in Hadoopland to try to gently push a few people with links to
> Germany and experience of organizing events over in this direction. This
> would probably mean suggesting that some sort of conference thingy might
> one day happen in Germany-ish if enough volunteers stepped up...

I'd half suggest you tell them to attend the next Apache dinner in Berlin.
That way we only need to persuade Isabel to organise an event, and she can
then go there to round up willing victims^H^H co-organisers :)

That said, this list probably isn't the best place to send people who
might be interested in helping with a one day BarCamp or similar (which is
what I'd expect the group you're thinking of might?)

Nick