From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How public is public?
Date Sat, 21 May 2011 14:32:52 GMT
On 21/05/2011 09:08, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
> Quite a number of lengthy discussions were had at the Retreat about
> future directions for events and about reaching out to a wider ecology.
> AIUI a number of new more public mailing lists

> But I'm wary about dipping my toe into the concom waters without
> sounding out comfort levels first...
>
> Opinions?
> Advice?

I'm afraid I am unable to express any opinions or advice relating to the
retreat discussions. I was unable to attend and at the time of writing
no proposals have been made on any list I read, which includes concom@a.o

In general though I am, and always have been, keen on concom operating
just like any other project - i.e. recognising merit (which ConCom
already does well) and public unless it is necessary to be private. For
this reason I'm pleased to see this list created, welcome you here and
encourage you to work with us to ensure the events you wish to engage
with are (wherever possible) supported.

Ross