From Robert Burrell Donkin <rdon...@apache.org>
Subject How public is public?
Date Sat, 21 May 2011 08:08:34 GMT
First: Thanks for everyone who helped to make Apache Retreat 2011
Knockree happen. (And apologies to everyone whose feathers I ruffled there.)

Quite a number of lengthy discussions were had at the Retreat about
future directions for events and about reaching out to a wider ecology.
AIUI a number of new more public mailing lists (but not - sadly -
peanuts@apache.org or flamewars@apache.org ;-).

I was wondering about pushing out some publicity about these new more
public lists but AFACT they aren't archived at mail-archives.apache.org
[1] or really covered on the dev subsite [2]. I'm also a little fuzzy
about which were created and what their intended role and audience is
for each.

I would also like to take the opportunity of a Berlin Buzzwords thread
over in Hadoopland to try to gently push a few people with links to
Germany and experience of organizing events over in this direction. This
would probably mean suggesting that some sort of conference thingy might
one day happen in Germany-ish if enough volunteers stepped up...

But I'm wary about dipping my toe into the concom waters without
sounding out comfort levels first...

Opinions?
Advice?

Robert