www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Manuel Jose Savimbi" <man...@lycos.com>
Subject Private.
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 22:00:00 GMT
Dear Friend,

My proposal to you will be very surprising, as we have not had any Personal contact. However,
I sincerely seek your confidence in this transaction, which I propose to you as a person of
transparency and caliber.

Let me first start by introducing myself properly to you. My name is Manuel Jose Savimbi,
I am a cousin and Personal Assistant of Jonas Malheiro Savimbi, the leader UNITA (National
Union for the Total Independence of Angola). I got your email address from a network directory.

You may know that my Uncle was recently killed in a battle with the government troops of Angola,
led by President Dos Santos, on Friday 22nd February 2002.

Now Mr. Antonio Dembo who was my Uncle's second in command, has assumed office as leader of
UNITA. In spite of this, UNITA is like a herd of cattle without shepherd. Prominent members
like Carlos Morgado are still lobbying to oust him and assume office as leader to enrich themselves
and some of them who see me as a threat to their ambitions, including Mr. Dembo, are planning
to kill me. For more information check www.angola.org.

However, I am a young man who has ambitions and I am not in any way interested in wars, this
is why I secretly left Angola and come here (Netherlands) to seek political asylum.

I am sincerely seeking for your urgent help in respect to safekeeping of some of my Uncle's
money that arose from Diamonds sales. This money (US$18.5million), was already on its way
to my Uncle's Swiss Bank account. It was on transit with a safe deposit company here in Netherlands,
when the tragic incident of my Uncle's death occurred.

As a matter of fact, this is the reason I chose to come to Netherlands to seek political asylum.
It is very clear with the way things are now, that President Dos Santos will lobby the International
Community to freeze my Uncle's assets and accounts abroad, to ground UNITA, since he has already
done this in Angola.

I plan to use this money to safeguard my future. It is very essential that you understand
that the kind of trust and confidence I want to put in you is extraordinary, and an act of
desperation on my part, in order not to lose this money. Also, this contact with you
should be treated with utmost secrecy and confidentiality.

The help I need from you is clearing the box containing the money from the security company,
after which, it will be deposited in an account in your name, with my name as next of kin.
For your reliable assistance, I will reward you with 15% the money, we shall use 5% to carry
out every expenses that we come across at any time. The
remainder of the 5% shall be given to a charity of your choice. You will withdraw your share
of the money from this account immediately, and we shall leave the rest as fixed deposit,
pending when my asylum application is granted, and I have the permit to conduct business,
then you shall transfer the account to me.

I have all the documents for claim of the consignment from the security company. This transaction
should be completed immediately depending on your prompt response.

I thank you in advance as I anticipate your assistance in enabling me achieve this goal.
Please contact me whether or not you are interested in assisting me. This will enable me scout
for another partner in the event of non-interest on your part.

Sincerely,
M.J.Savimbi.