www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From James Chamberlain <jam...@plaidhat.com>
Subject Re: general/10180: Weird entries in access_log
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2002 19:59:08 GMT
On 14 Mar 2002 slive@apache.org wrote:

> [In order for any reply to be added to the PR database, you need]
> [to include <apbugs@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]
> [subject line starts with the report component and number, with ]
> [or without any 'Re:' prefixes (such as "general/1098:" or      ]
> ["Re: general/1098:").  If the subject doesn't match this       ]
> [pattern, your message will be misfiled and ignored.  The       ]
> ["apbugs" address is not added to the Cc line of messages from  ]
> [the database automatically because of the potential for mail   ]
> [loops.  If you do not include this Cc, your reply may be ig-   ]
> [nored unless you are responding to an explicit request from a  ]
> [developer.  Reply only with text; DO NOT SEND ATTACHMENTS!     ]
>

> Synopsis: Weird entries in access_log
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
> State-Changed-By: slive
> State-Changed-When: Thu Mar 14 11:21:08 PST 2002
> State-Changed-Why:
>
> This is somebody trying to abuse your webserver as a proxy.
> Since they are getting your home page back, it is not working.
> To be extra-safe, you should confirm that you don't have
> "ProxyRequests On" in httpd.conf.
>
> In the future, questions like this should be addressed to
> a user support forum such as the ones listed in the FAQ.
>
> Thanks for using Apache.

Thank you for your quick response.  I had submitted this to the problem
report db to confirm that this behavior did not indicate a bug in Apache.
After all, would it not be more proper to return a 4xx rather than a 200
and the default page in DocumentRoot in response to a request for a site
not hosted by the server?