www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Gyula "Mészáros" <...@borland.hu>
Subject general/10125: <Directory> declarations do not accept accented characters. It works in 1.3.23.
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2002 07:53:55 GMT

>Number:         10125
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       <Directory> declarations do not accept accented characters. It works
in 1.3.23.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I tried to biuld a ScriptAlias for a directory which contained an accented "E" ("É") in the
middle. The ScriptAlias declaration itself was accepted but the corresponding <Directory>
declaration caused Apache service not to start anymore (ApacheMonitor has died when I tried
to use it to restart the service after the configuration change.) There was no entry in the
error log. When the character in question was replaced with its accentless counterpart the
things run smoothly.

I remembered it worked earlier with 1.3.23 on the same PC. I could try it with 1.3.22 on WinNT
4 OEM ENU SP6.0a and it worked, too. So gimme back my accented letters, please! :-)
>How-To-Repeat:
(I think it should be straightforward.)
>Fix:
(Unfortunately not.)