www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Pablo A.Delgado <pol...@yahoo.com>
Subject mod_rewrite/10090: RewriteMap MapType 'rnd' not working
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2002 18:41:40 GMT

>Number:         10090
>Category:       mod_rewrite
>Synopsis:       RewriteMap MapType 'rnd' not working
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I compile Apache 1.3.23 using de following
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-module=rewrite
make
make install

Then I configured the httpd.conf adding a virtual host like this:

<VirtualHost _default_:8000>
        DocumentRoot /home/pdelgado/supertest
        RewriteEngine   on

        RewriteMap  random    rnd:/home/pdelgado/supertest/list.rnd
        RewriteRule   ^/(.+)$ $1${random:$1}

        RewriteLogLevel 9
        RewriteLog      /home/pdelgado/supertest/rewrite.log

</VirtualHost>

the file 'list.rnd' contains
test      index1.html|index2.html|index3.html|index4.html|index5.html
other     index1.html|index2.html|index3.html

>How-To-Repeat:
http://localhost/
http://localhost/1
http://localhost/2

Only show the first one of the randomized series. In this case index1.html.
>Fix:
Suggestion:
I tried every version of apache conuting back from 1.3.23 And the problem seems to be the
same.

It only worked perfectly fine in version 1.3.19. The one I am using right now.