www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Micah Anderson <mi...@colltech.com>
Subject config/9994: apache dies on startup with no clues
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 18:32:25 GMT

>Number:         9994
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       apache dies on startup with no clues
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Please see the PHP bug sunmitted at the following address. http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=15774

The problem is that if you compile in PHP statically (and I assume this applies for all modules),
and *also* try to load it in the config file, apache stops right after you run it, without
any errors at all to help you figure out what the problem is.

I spent hours trying to figure out this problem, I suggested to PHP people that this be checked
for and noted in a logfile, but if my past experience serves me, the PHP people will say that
Apache should do it, and apache will say the PHP people should do it. I am only asking for
some coordination, it would be so much nicer. When you get no error, and it could be a Apache
or a PHP problem, but really it is both and a vicious  problem.

>How-To-Repeat:
Compile PHP statically into apache, then put this in your httpd.conf:
LoadModule php4_module        libexec/libphp4.so
>Fix:
A simple check to see if a module is already loaded and a cluestick to the user's head would
suffice, "Attempting to dynamically load a module that is compiled in statically".