www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Terence Lobo <tl...@snowshore.com>
Subject general/9991: Occasionally, Apache does not seem to find servlet and returns 404.
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 15:06:30 GMT

>Number:         9991
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Occasionally, Apache does not seem to find servlet and returns 404.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:
SunOS 5.8 Generic_108528-09 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraAX-i2

Apache and Jserv out of the box and were installed by Sun.
A GET request is made in a loop : GET /servlets/prompts?prompt=num1
where prompts is the name of the servlet and "prompt=num1" is a parameter
passed to the servlet.

This works fine in almost all cases but occasionally, I get a "Not Found"
response back. The failure is quite rare but is there nevertheless.

The failure response (captured by ethereal was) :

HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found^M^M
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 18:55:50 GMT^M^M
Server: Apache/1.3.12 (Unix) mod_perl/1.24 ApacheJserv/1.1.2^M^M
Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=100^M^M
Connection: Keep-Alive^M^M
Transfer-Encoding: chunked^M^M
^M^M
d2 ^M^M
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">^M
<HTML><HEAD>^M
<TITLE>404 Not Found</TITLE>^M
</HEAD><BODY>^M
<H1>Not Found</H1>^M
The requested URL /servlets/prompts was not found on this server.<P>^M
</BODY></HTML>^M

>How-To-Repeat:
Install a servlet and try invoking it in a loop.
>Fix:
None.