www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From a..@apache.org
Subject Re: os-windows/9746: Apache corrupts some ZIPs and JPEGs.
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2002 21:06:34 GMT

Synopsis: Apache corrupts some ZIPs and JPEGs.

Comment-Added-By: ake
Comment-Added-When: Wed Feb 27 13:06:33 PST 2002
Comment-Added:
The data corruption problem has been acknowledged by Microsoft
to be a bug in XP's afd.sys. There is a hotfix on the way which
will be referenced via Q317949 in their support Knowledge Base.
That article is currently not online but should be in a
couple of days. I'll close this when I see that it's available.
When Apache 1.3.24 is released it will address this problem
without the need for the Hotfix. This corruption also affects
Apache 2.0 for which the Hotfix is the only current solution.