www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Joseph Arceneaux" <...@arceneaux.com>
Subject RE: general/9755: httpd response extremely slow (15s for 1728 bytes)
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2002 17:20:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/9755; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Joseph Arceneaux" <joe@arceneaux.com>
To: "'Justin Erenkrantz'" <jerenkrantz@ebuilt.com>
Cc: <apache-bugdb@apache.org>,
	<apbugs@apache.org>
Subject: RE: general/9755: httpd response extremely slow (15s for 1728 bytes)
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:16:29 -0800

 Right you are, tweaking KeepAliveTimeout varies the hang by pretty much
 the value of that value.

 I still haven't looked at the apache source (difficult 'cause I'm remote
 at the moment) but it seems to me that, even if it doesn't close the
 socket, apache should flush its output.  Possibly this is a kernel
 problem, but I presume this'll go away if I add the correct HTTP header
 (don't keep alive)...

 Any thoughts?

 Thanks,
 Joe