www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: mod_include/9963: DirectoryIndex fails to parse index.shtml
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2002 17:10:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_include/9963; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkrantz@ebuilt.com>
To: Sarbartha Bandyopadhyay <sbandy@socy.umd.edu>
Cc: apache-bugdb@apache.org, apbugs@apache.org, dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: mod_include/9963: DirectoryIndex fails to parse index.shtml
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:05:53 -0800

 On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 09:47:25AM -0500, Sarbartha Bandyopadhyay wrote:
 > tried it (just Option Includes) and it's still the
 > same. when i request the file directly
 >
 > http://a.b.c/index.shtml
 >
 > i get the correct output
 >
 > when i do http://a.b.c/ i get back the literal text of the
 > file and the file never gets parsed.

 Ah, since you have AddOutputFilter correctly, I bet you're getting
 nipped by the ap_internal_fast_redirect() bug.  This is on our
 short list of issues to address before the next release.

 One workaround you could try is to just SetOutputFilter Include
 in the / configuration.  The problem is that mod_dir requests
 aren't getting their filters propogated correctly.

 If you feel comfortable applying a patch, you may try the patch
 listed here as well:

 http://www.apachelabs.org/apache-mbox/200202.mbox/%3c20020219004649.GM26092@ebuilt.com%3e

 HTH.  -- justin