www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: mod_include/9963: DirectoryIndex fails to parse index.shtml
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2002 17:05:53 GMT
On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 09:47:25AM -0500, Sarbartha Bandyopadhyay wrote:
> tried it (just Option Includes) and it's still the
> same. when i request the file directly
>
> http://a.b.c/index.shtml
>
> i get the correct output
>
> when i do http://a.b.c/ i get back the literal text of the
> file and the file never gets parsed.

Ah, since you have AddOutputFilter correctly, I bet you're getting
nipped by the ap_internal_fast_redirect() bug.  This is on our
short list of issues to address before the next release.

One workaround you could try is to just SetOutputFilter Include
in the / configuration.  The problem is that mod_dir requests
aren't getting their filters propogated correctly.

If you feel comfortable applying a patch, you may try the patch
listed here as well:

http://www.apachelabs.org/apache-mbox/200202.mbox/%3c20020219004649.GM26092@ebuilt.com%3e

HTH.  -- justin