www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Joseph Arceneaux" <...@arceneaux.com>
Subject RE: general/9755: httpd response extremely slow (15s for 1728 bytes)
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2002 15:40:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/9755; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Joseph Arceneaux" <joe@arceneaux.com>
To: <jerenkrantz@apache.org>,
	<apache-bugdb@apache.org>,
	<jla@arceneaux.com>
Cc: <apbugs@Apache.Org>
Subject: RE: general/9755: httpd response extremely slow (15s for 1728 bytes)
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 07:39:44 -0800

 Thank you for the response.  I have indeed tried the 2.0.32 beta, with
 the same results.  However, I do not observe the same delay when using a
 browser or using telnet, so I wrote a simple client which merely opens a
 socket and attempts to read a very small amount of data from the server
 (using the 'read' system call) and observed the problem again.  I
 confess I'm mystified.

 If you haven't seen this before, I may attempt to attach gdb to a
 single-threaded apache to see what it's doing.

 Joe