www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Phillip Ulberg <phillipulb...@cablespeed.com>
Subject os-windows/9961: When installing Apache 2.0.32 from .msi package, no Apache service is installed
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 17:01:15 GMT

>Number:         9961
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       When installing Apache 2.0.32 from .msi package, no Apache service is
installed
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I have been using Apache 2.0.28 for some time now on Windows XP and it's been great.  I wanted
to upgrade to Apache 2.0.32 and upon doing so, at the completion of the install,  I open the
Apache Monitor and there is no Apache service listed, when I open the services control panel
there is no Apache service listed there either.
>How-To-Repeat:
I have been able to repeat this so far on 1 machine only (that's all I've tried so far) but
will try more soon.
>Fix:
Not as yet