www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From jerenkra...@apache.org
Subject Re: build/9937: After updating config.guess and config.sub, and the libtool.m4, I can't install.
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 08:33:33 GMT

Synopsis: After updating config.guess and config.sub, and the libtool.m4, I can't install.

State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
State-Changed-By: jerenkrantz
State-Changed-When: Tue Feb 26 00:33:33 PST 2002
State-Changed-Why:
Since these changes are not related to any ASF software,
there isn't a lot we can do.  It sounds like these
changes need to be merged into the GNU toolchain.

However, in order to assure the least amount of
problems for our source distributions, we only use
stable versions of autoconf and libtool.  Apparently,
later versions (2.5+) of autoconf do not work on HP-UX,
so we may just state that OpenUnix users require the
latest autoconf/libtool versions and need to run
buildconf on their own.

What is unclear from your PR is whether the libtool
changes fixed your problem.  Or, does OpenUnix not
use a .so extension for its libraries?

(Your config.status is semi-invalid for 2.0, FWIW.)
Severity-Changed-From-To: critical-non-critical
Severity-Changed-By: jerenkrantz
Severity-Changed-When: Tue Feb 26 00:33:33 PST 2002