www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Atsushi Noguchi <pi...@fastdata.net>
Subject os-linux/9954: 403 Forbidden You don't have permission to access / on this server.
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 22:47:04 GMT

>Number:         9954
>Category:       os-linux
>Synopsis:       403 Forbidden You don't have permission to access / on this server.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Recently installed apache webserver. Followed directions and configured the Vhosts as directed.
re-started apache then got the following when trying to access the webpage. "403 Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server." the Document roots are "/home/userblah/public_html"
Do I need to configure permissions? If so, how? Not sure if it matters but I do have "Options
FollowSymLinks Indexes" as I have read in some of the FAQ's. Please forgive me for my ignorance
if im missing something. Any answers?