www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From annichilez <annichi...@hotmail.com>
Subject os-windows/9898: Crash if the output size is too large.
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2002 13:13:35 GMT

>Number:         9898
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Crash if the output size is too large.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
If the ouput content size is too large, the Apache will crash, both the child process and
parent process.

For example, if I try to download a 5MB file.
The apache will try to output something, but the browser can only get 32KB/64KB.
And then the Apache itself crash.
>How-To-Repeat:
I can always repeat it easily.
The same problem seem exist in 2.0.28. But the maximium usable content size is bigger in 2.0.28.
But in 2.0.28, the crash point seems change case by case.
But in 2.0.32, the crash point seems always be 32KB and 64KB.