www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Micah Brening <SilentWizardL...@hotmail.com>
Subject mod_cgi/9830: PHP tries to post data into MySQL, and Apache shows an error
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 04:24:20 GMT

>Number:         9830
>Category:       mod_cgi
>Synopsis:       PHP tries to post data into MySQL, and Apache shows an error
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
PHP4, MySQL, and Apache are all three installed on my computer with Windows XP.  Each were
tested and work enough to prove it is installed proporly.  When I take information from a
form and insert it into a MySQL database using PHP, apache shows the error:
"The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your
request."
The Error log says:
"Premature end of script headers: c:/php/php.exe"
I had my httpd.conf file checked out, and no mistakes were found.
I contacted some people who work with php, and they say it must be a fault in the server.
>How-To-Repeat:
The code I used is as follows:

	$db = mysql_connect("localhost", "root");
	mysql_select_db("accounts",$db);
	$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM accounts",$db);
	if ($myrow = mysql_fetch_array($result))
	{
		do
		{
			if (($myrow["username"] == $username) && ($cnt == 0))
			{
				echo "<script language='JavaScript'>alert('That username is already registered\nPlease
try a different name');history.back();</script>";
				$cnt++;
			}
		}
		while ($myrow = mysql_fetch_array($result));
		if ($cnt == 0)
		{
			$sql = "INSERT INTO accounts (username,password,ipadd) VALUES ('$username','$password1','$ippi')";
$result = mysql_query($sql);
}