www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Sam Powers <...@oddbox.org>
Subject config/9721: FollowSymlinksIfOwnerMatch doesn't behave as expected
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 10:49:46 GMT

>Number:         9721
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       FollowSymlinksIfOwnerMatch doesn't behave as expected
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I have:

DocumentRoot /var/www/
<Directory />
    Options SymLinksIfOwnerMatch Indexes
    AllowOverride None
</Directory>

And /var/www is a symlink owned by root pointed at a directory owned by a user.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
I would argue, although I'm not in a position to suggest any change, as I don't know the full
implications of such a change, that symlinks owned by root might as well match a target owned
by a user. Please let me know if I'm wrong, and if so, why.