www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Rainer Scherg <Rainer.Sch...@rexroth.de>
Subject general/9706: modules.apache.org
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2002 10:17:17 GMT

>Number:         9706
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       modules.apache.org
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          support
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Mon Feb 04 02:20:00 PST 2002
>Originator:     Rainer.Scherg@rexroth.de
>Release:        2.0
This request is not directly related to the apache source, but to the apache "environment":

IMO  http://modules.apache.org needs some urgent cleanup.

We want to migrate to apache 2.0 and are trying to find 3rd party modules
from modules...org which are already working for the 2.0 api (also trying a
port to the 2.0 api would be an option).

But to do so, I have the follwoing problems:

 - modules.apache.org is really outdated.
 - many links to the modules are not working any more.
 - no support to find 2.0 compliant modules.

I understand that the apache projekt may have no control over this server,
but it is/was a very good source for addons. Perhaps this site or a new
one could be integrated tighter into the apache project. It would be a pitty
to looose such a good site because of a bad information quality.

Please just think about this topic.

No reply to this "bug report" necessary...