www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Tobias Wiersch <sw...@3d4x.de>
Subject Re: general/9568: Apache's child processes don't die and sometimes use all CPU resources!
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2002 15:35:39 GMT
Addition:
I deactivated again mod_gzip and now also PHP4 and mod_ssl to make sure
it's not a problem of these modules.
Now it takes a little bit longer but there are also non-dying childs
after some time (sometimes, as I said before, with heavy CPU load). This
brings me to the opinion that the problem is in Apache.

But I could get some more information:
I looked at "top" and suddenly there were 12 childs who don't die
anymore - all of them were created approx. at the same time! After that
(1 or 2 seconds later), all was normal again (besides of the 12
non-dying childs).
Maybe this will help you to find the bug. At least I hope so, because
our server needs quick help.

Thanks again for your support and help.
T.Wiersch