www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Ryan Maglich <rmagl...@teknowledge.com>
Subject general/9654: Failing to stop apache from commandline in version 2.0.28
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2002 17:43:26 GMT

>Number:         9654
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Failing to stop apache from commandline in version 2.0.28
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I have uninstalled Apache 2.0.38 from starting as a service, as I need to be able to start
it from the commandline.  When I start Apache 2.0.28 from the commandline (by typing "apache"),
everything starts fine, no error messages are displayed and the server works.  To stop the
apache server from the commandline, the documentation says to try "apache -k shutdown". When
I do this from another commandline, this fails to work, I recieve an error message stating:
[<date/time>] [error] (22502)The system cannot find the file specified. : No installed
service named "Apache".   This worked in previous 1.3 versions of Apache.
>How-To-Repeat:
In one command windows type apache. After it starts, confirm that the server is working.
In another command windows type "apache -k shutdown".